Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

Park In Prague

CZECH REPUBLIC | Wednesday, 29 July 2015 | Views [565]

I would love to say yesterday was an exciting day but it wasn't.

 

I started the day having breakfast here at the hostel of the granola cereal with strawberries. The wifi-which is usually sort of mediocre, was even worse here the hostel yesterday, so along with  my camera I took my notebook with me for the day on the hopes of finding a Mcdonalds or Starbucks to write/check bills, etc.

 

When I went to the doctor for my toe, i seemed to remember a neat camera store in the same building. So before finding the Mcdonalds/Starbucks, I went to the camera store, which was actually three stories.  It was really cool, and I actually bought a new very hard-to-find piece for my tripod. I may check out the store again today.

 

When I was done, I found a Costa coffee where I was able to do the computer stuff. After a while, it was almost afternoon, and I crossed the Charles Bridge to a park that had a tower that was Prague's answer to the Eiffel tower, it was in a huge park. and situated on a hill. The tower itself is short compared to the Eiffel tower, but combined with the hill the top is almost at the same elevation. 

 

The park had a lot of other activities as well, for example, there was a guy who had 4 or 5 pet owls on display in the park, and I was able to pet one of his owls and get photographs with him.

Otherwise, I walked around, took a nap on a bench, and went back across the river in the direction of the hostel. I didn't eat lunch, but for dinner I stopped in the giant Palladium shopping mall downtown for all-you-can-eat sushi. After a few servings of salmon on rice, peas-in-peapods-and assorted fruit, rather than take the metro back I walked back to the hostel. Then general area is easy to find since a huge observatory/TV antenna (which can be seen all over the city, and I photographed my first day here) is by the hostel, It took a little finding, but I found my way back.

 

It was only about 10 or so, so for a change I decided to enjoy a beer with some of the others staying at the hostel in the lobby. I talked with a few guys from the Netherlands, who mentioned he was surprised at how rude many of the people here in the Czech Republic we're. He then walked away from the table, and actually out of the bar and hostel without even saying goodbye.

 

 

 

Travel Answers about Czech Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.