Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

Prague Slow Going

CZECH REPUBLIC | Sunday, 26 July 2015 | Views [498]


Yesterday I had trouble waking up for two reasons

(a) It was raining outside

(b) It was the first day that I had to remove the bandage, gauze, etc, and put new bandage gauze on-and also pour some liquid in the bathtub to soak my toe in for a short while.  Not so easy in a communal bathroom.

So I work up close  to 8 am and did all this (very late for me-but too early for most others who stay in  a hostel), so I had no problem getting the bathtub for use. 

 

While the job I did wasn't as good as the doctors/nurse's the previous day, I think I did ok. 

 

Afterwards I ate the breakfast here in the hostel, which  had a fee of a little under $3.00. 

 

I  didn't have many plans for the day, but the sun came out.  I had an open ticket for a tour of the castle and a beer tour  (both purchased during the free walking tour), and both tours are given every day, so I wasn't sure if I should do either of them.  Instead, I took a walk into town (a somewhat long walk-normally I take the metro), and walked across the river to where the big castle is. The streets around the castle are small, with lots of people walking around, and very touristic. There are many souvenir shops, restaurants, and the usual stuff. I decided to put the castle tour off, though, as I didn't feel like doing it that day. After hanging out on the other side of the river, it started to rain hard once again.  I took the metro back to the hostel for a nap.

 

Although I decided to put off the castle tour, I did do the beer tour, which met at 6:00 pm. So I took the metro back into town, and met for the beer tour. Now the beer tour isn't to be confused with a pub crawl. A pub crawl is just for the soul purpose of getting drunk, while a beer tour also has an educational component. For example, I learned that Czechs drink more beer Per capita than anyone else. I also learned that beer was just about invented in the Czech Republic.

 

We went to three different pubs, with each having stronger beer then the last. I also met a lot of interesting people. I met a couple of Indian origin who we're US citizens who we're now living seperately in Switzerland and Germany. I also met a woman from Newfoundland Canada who was completing her PHD in Biochemistry (I think) from Harvard. And   I was able to talk to her for about 2 minutes, which is longer then I have been able to talk to   just about anyone else who went to an Ivy league school. 

As the evening went on-of course the conversation went on as well with the group, until by the end we shook hands and went our separate ways. I walked around downtown once again, and once again around 11:30, I went back to the hostel.

 

 

 

Travel Answers about Czech Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.