Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

Bratislava for Beginners-River cruise Boats, Naps and Rude Waitresses

SLOVAKIA | Wednesday, 15 July 2015 | Views [544]

Yesterday was another full day in Bratislava. The first thing I did (after taking a jog, showering, having a Mcbreakfast to write this blog, and going back to the hostel to brush my teeth) was take a walk to the old town to visit some of the monuments from the walking tour yesterday. One of the most famous statues is a man peeking out of a manhole cover.  I had my picture taken with him.

 

I walked towards the nearby Danube river. The River cruise boat Amadeus was docked.  I wanted to know how difficult it would have been to board the boat.  After nearly 11 years with the world's largest cruise line, and 30+ cruises, I know that boarding a cruise ship without being a guest is well...close to impossible. 

 

Anyway, I found out how difficult it was-I walked down the gangplank and was in the lobby. I  saw the corridor for guest rooms, etc. I decided against exploring the ship, because I didn't really want to be thrown off, so I just walked off immediately.

 

I went for lunch at The Slovik Pub, where I had some perogies with sheep cheese (A national dish), and for 2 Euros and 50 cents, the largest beer-It didn't seem that expensive-so I bought the large size. It was 1 litter. I could barely pick it up. Anyway, after finishing it was naptime.

 

After the nap,I walked across the suspension bridge to a mall, and walked back-and took another nap. I then went for dinner-where I got into a fight with the waitress.

It was an inexpensive dinner at the same restaurant I went to the day before. The back of the menu says something like "If you don't receive a bill, you are our guest. Your meal is free".  I ate a garlic-soup-in-a-bread bowl and had a cider.  When I was done-the waitress asked if I wanted anything else-I said no. (I would think that would be an important que for the waitress to bring the check over). After around 10 minutes I still haven't received a check. So I asked her if the meal was free.  She hurridly got the check.  I said that the meal should still be free, and if I can see the manager. The manager said something in cryptic English that I don't qualify.  I didn't want to fight anymore, so I paid the waitress, and she laughed at me. I basically told her that if you think this is funny-you will think the tip I leave you is hysterical.

 

I then walked around town a little, and back to the hostel.

Tags: slovakia

 

 

Travel Answers about Slovakia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.