Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

Slovakia-Star of the Big Screen

SLOVAKIA | Tuesday, 14 July 2015 | Views [416]

 

Slovakia may be small, but it warrants two blog entries for today. Another reason why I like Slovakia-off the beaten path.  Two large European cities, Vienna and Budapest, are one-and-two hours away, respectively, and heavily visited. But Bratislava seems to be relatively low in both counts, Despite this, the Slovakia is no stranger to the big screen (I learned). 

 

(1) In Euro-Trip,  a movie about horny teens/college kids travelling to Europe, Slovakia is mentioned as a place where the kids enjoy a five-star meal with very little money (thanks to the exchange rate), and cause the waiter to quit after tipping him too  little. People more mature then myself, which is pretty much everyone my age, may not be familiar with this film (Euro-Trip is one of those movies on Comedy Central at 5:00 pm on a Sunday, if you are lucky. It is normally sandwiched between Billy Madison and Van Wilder 2). 

 

(2) In Hostel, a horror flick, a hostel in Slovakia is where backpackers show up and find that the hostel owners (or someone) is trying to kill them.  The walking-tour guide said that thanks to this movie, the number of backpackers decreased by 75%

 That shit is cool! And I am staying at a hostel in Slovakia. This is way better then wandering in the park in Salzburg, where "Do-Re-Me" from The Sound of Music was shown!

 

 

Travel Answers about Slovakia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.