Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

Hostel #3-2 dinners same resturants

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 22 May 2015 | Views [441]

Stayed at another hostel  last night-but this almost doesn't count because although I had a room for 4, I Was the only one in it. So I am leaving all my stuff right in the open!

Oh, and had two dinners at the same resturant-how did this happen?

First of all, the hostel is in a very small town. There are only 3 restaurants in this town. One of which is connected with the hostel I am in. Another of these restaurants was recommended by our tour guide. 

First, I checked out the resturant in the hostel(rest #1)-seemed to have a decent menu (something cheap other than fish and chips), I kept it in mind, but decided to check out the resturant the guide recommended (rest #2)

Went to rest #2, and although it seemed like a  more expensive and limited menu, I was greeted by a friendly woman, and I ordered a small dish (smoked salmon and bread), and a beer. I figured I would eat a little here and go back to Rest #1 for an entree.  Upon walking out of rest #2, I met three woman on our tour from  Hong Kong and told them it was good.

Went back to rest #1, where a large group of folks just checked into the hostel (Actually, the college group I was talking to in the hostile the night before). Because all these folks descended at once, the proprietor/cook/bottle washer etc explained they couldn't serve food to anyone else.

Checked out rest #3 (where I haven't been yet). The menu looked good but I was told I needed to have a reservation and make one by the front desk (although resturant ws half empty)-I went to front desk, and found out I would have to wait for more then an hour.

I was hungry, so I sheepishly went back to rest #2, sat with the Hong Kong woman and sheepishly told them what happened, and ordered the unhealthy but delicious fish and chips ( everything else was expensive). It was good but embarassing

Tags: hostel, scotland, skye

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.