Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

I hate goodbyes

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 23 May 2015 | Views [496] | Comments [2]

Well today was the final day of the three day road trip to Skye, Loch Ness, and other parts of the Scottish Highlands. It wasn't the best trip. The weather was horrible-just cold bitting rain, wind, and in the spots there was either too much time or not enough.  We went to a castle yesterday where we could have spent an afternoon, and we only spent an hour. We went to a battlefield called Cullodon  where the battle for Scottish independence took place in the 1700's. (ever since England and Scotland unified under one flag in 1707, there were numerous attempts, both violent and non-violent for Scotland to exert it's own rule).  Again, could have spent an afternoon-only spent an hour.  Otherplaces there we're too much time-we spent too miuch time doing nothing driving around the Isle of Skye, and we we're dropped off at our various accomodations (which I stayed in a hostel, others stayed in bed and breakfasts. hotels, etc) around 4:30 pm-extra time we could have used to see sights or stay longer at the various sights.

But when it was over-I ended up hating to say goodbye to the various people on the bus. 

- Our tour guide, who as mentioned, I could only understand every third word. Hairy Cows was pronounced "Hairy crews" But he was so entusiastic and knowledgable that it made up for it.

- The group of ladies from Hong Kong I had dinner with last night, who laughed when they asked me what it sounds like when I hear them speaking Chineste, and I replied "kowatackaducka"

- The woman of Indian descent who kept her watching movies on her  Ipad during the whole tour, and I had to remind her to turn it down a few times because it was disturbing others on the bus

- A guy from China living in London  who was cool, and had no other characteristics other then speaking Chinese to the ladies from Hong Kong.

- The 65 year old from Australia I had dinner with the first night of the tour, in which I learned that Obamacare is very similar to the current system of health care in Australia

It was a little tough saying goodbye after riding in a bus for three days together. But I am beginning to see this travel thing is a lot of hellos and a lot of goodbyes. i have already met a lot of great people, had laughs and nice conversation. I met more college kids then I think I have met any time since I left college-who happen to be a lot of fun. One was a female who was graduating with an Accounting degree, like me. She was like a much younger, much cuter, much cooler female version of myself, I met a woman on top of a mountain who explained that she has deep conversations with her cat. (I have cats so i could almost relate. I met a 20 year old German guy working as an executive recruiter who gave me part of his beer on the the pub crawl.

It's funny to think we will go in completely different directions.. 

 

 

 

Comments

1

That is a great side of your travel to meet all those people from all around the world
Enjoy!

  Dany McLean May 24, 2015 1:11 AM

2

Thank you XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

  davidpearlman May 24, 2015 5:20 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.