Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

Hostel #2

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 21 May 2015 | Views [1282] | Comments [2]

Well-for this part of the trip, which is the 3 day tour, I took the cheap route again and am staying in a hostel. It is a very different experience this time, though. I only have 3 roomates.  I should start off by saying the hostel looks like a country lodge, with wood beam floors, and the scotting tartan (?) pattern on the carpets in the rooms. It is quite comfortable looking. After checking ine, I walked around the town of Fort Augustus, which is partially interesting because there are locks that connect two Lakes for boats that transverse the country (locks between two lochs?) Other then that, there is not much but a few resturants. In found a 65 year old woman from Australia who was in our group, and I ate with her. it was a good, abeit expensive meal of some vegatable dish, with ice cream and a beer.

Going back to the hostel, I met my three roomates-all college age girls from Ottawa, Canada.  I told them my girlfriend lived in Montreal-but informed them that to ignore that, they we're allowed to attack me in the night if they wanted to. They really didn't laugh.  Maybe sexual humor is taboo is a hostile. Other than that, it was actually a good night sleep. This place only smells vaguely of vomit. No loud snoring and I just had to wait for the bathroom this morning (and am waiting as I write this)

After putting my stuff in my room and meeting my roomates, I played some trivia with some students from college students from Hope College in Michigan, who we're taking some course on cultures and went to Scotland to study.  Nice guys and girls, but these we're smarter kids then when I went to school with-they knew answers to stuff I didn't know-such as which Shakesphere play was Sherleck in (or something like that)-The Merchant of Venice, and we're talking about how great some Hemingway books we're.

 

Tags: hostile, scotland

Comments

1

......David............next time only room with guys......
signed : Your girlfriend from Montreal xx

  Dany May 22, 2015 3:14 AM

2

Yes I know-but I am in a room with 17 people of both genders now! XOXOXOOXO

  davidpearlman May 23, 2015 8:36 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.