Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

Dancin on the Ceiling

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 18 May 2015 | Views [947] | Comments [1]

pub

pub

Last night, after getting back to the hotel and resting up-I went to a pub crawl. That's right-you see when I got into Edinburgh Sat night, I saw a long line of people queing up by a bar, and upon inquiry found out that for 12 pounds you got a pub crawl, and it happens each night at 8:00 starting at the same bar.  I figured this would be a nice way to meet others and enjoy some local beers.  Anyway I Got there, and met a whole bunch  of great people, a couple from Germany, a girl from  France, and a girl from Brazil, as well as a couple from Alaska. They we're all staying  at a hostel-and we're all probably less then 1/2 my age.  As  matter of fact, the Pub Crawl person didn't seem to think I was actually there for the Pub Crawl. This made me feel like a snob since I Am in a hotel with an electric towel warmer in the bathroom (I use it to keep my clothes dry after washing it in the sink). Anyway, we had a lot of fun-I told the Gemans my ancestors we're from Germany-although I don't know where from. I Told them my German language mastery-Danka Shane,  Guttenmorgen and Farvegnugen. By the way the drinks weren't free-you  got 25% off pub prices and a free shot here and there (Which we're weak).  I was having a grand old time for the most part, although I don't remember much  of it-except thinking I lost my camera or someone stole it in my inibreated state. Somehow I found the way back to the hotel. Now the last bar we went to, I remember the song playing was Dancing on the Ceiling, by Lionel Richie. Now the realization  I had is that if I was of age The first time this song was cool, I am too old.  Now it is cool again, for the first time for these 20 somethings.

This morning in bed I was sort of rethinking the intelligence of the pub crawl, as my head was pounding and every negative thought came pounding into my mind. BTW, I still have the bracelet on from last night-the leader said it is good for tonight's crawl too-if my headache goes away I may check it out.

Comments

1

You lost your camera.......how sad and unfortunate. ......

  Dany McLean May 19, 2015 4:57 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.