Existing Member?

BAT out there

busy, busy busy once again...

USA | Friday, 21 August 2009 | Views [358]

So long list of things to see and do today.  Stated off by walking around the back and the front of the White house, President Obama wasn't in residence so you could get right up to the railings at the back.  Then went to the visitor centre which was very interesting and had a long video about the house, some of it's contents and the changes that have been made to it over the years.  from there I walked to the Old Post Office building and went up the tower for a panoramic view of the city.  it was a bit hazy but you could still see plenty.  Then the long walk to the Capitol Building and the reflecting pool ther, you also get a great view  back down the National Mall.  Which is exactly where I walked next, grabbing a hot dog on the way. Next stop the Hirshorn gallery and sculpture garden for some more modern art, they had some  good stuff here including Henry Moore sculptures which I always enjoy and the final stop of the day was the museum of Arfican Art, full of all the kind of stuff I enjoy to look at.  The museum floors are underground and when I came out you could see it had been raining quite hard but I had managed to miss it - hoorah.

Went back to the hostel and chilled for a  while before heading out for a farwell meal with Claire, mario, jon and Jack (they all move on tomorrow) went to a really nice Indian restaurant and everyone had good meals but it was a bit pricey for us budget back packers, particularly Mario and I who decided to go back to the hostel leaving the others to have a few more beers.  Chatted for a while but had a relatively early night.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.