Existing Member?

BAT out there

Happy Birthday to Me, Happy Birthday to Me....

USA | Friday, 24 July 2009 | Views [447]

So it's my birthday, did I mention that ;o) And I didn't really have a plan for the day but it has been brilliant.  Considering two days ago I felt rubbish I had no idea I was going to have such a great day.

Had a lie in this morning, then went into town with three of the guys from the hostel Mario (lives in Mitcham just down the road from me at home), Jack also from the UK and Dane from Melbourne. First stop was Starbucks where Mario bought me a coffee and slice of birthday cake :o)


We then all walked up past the Capitol building to Bob Bullock Texas State history Museum which I have to say was excellent value for the 7$ entrance fee.  It is huge on 3 floors and really interesting all about the history of texas, the fight for independence and what happens in texas now we were there for hours and I loved in.

After that we were all hungry so we ended up in Daddy's on 6th Street for various healthy options of burgers and fries and a birthday margerita for me :o)  Oh and the boys bought my dinner for me too -wonderful.

Back to the hostel for a bit of a chill and then ready to go out into town for a few beers.  Had a brilliant night and by pretending we were in California and therefore a different time zone,  I was able to keep celebrating my birthday until 2 in the morning.

Thanks to all involved in this production of Clare getting a year older , I would like to say it was a resounding success in all ways.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.