Existing Member?

BAT out there

San Diego and the beach

USA | Saturday, 18 July 2009 | Views [429]

Couldn't decide what to do today so I pootled about a bit in the morning before realising that what I actually wanted to do was nothing so I hopped on a bus to pacific beach and enjoyed a few hours of sunbathing, reading and people watching. Perfect, and there were even kite flyers nearby, there is something quite mesmerising about watching a kite bob around in the sky.

Being careful not to get burnt I headed bac to the hostel after a few hours to get some boring domestic chores done - like the washing.  Typically as soon as I turned the machine on I realised there were at least 3 other things that should have been in it, never mind they'll just have to wait until next time.

Then it was time for the big event of the day.  There is a baseball game on at the near by stadium and about a dozen of us fromthe hostel were going as a group - tickets to include a hot dog and soft drink - ecxcellent value at $15.  So the first dissappointment was that the $15 tickets had sold out so no hot dog, but the hostel compensated by providing a few free beers - even better.  The second disappointment (and I should have remembered this) was that baseball is really boring.  Highlight of the night was when 5 guys dressed up in foam costumes as friars had a running race around the track - ha ha ha.  Joe (works at the hostel) was very good at trying to explain things to me and make it more interesting but it just didn't really work.

So we all headed back up the street to the hostel after the game and there more fun was had, more free beer, stupid card games and general talking of rubbish well into the small hours.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.