Existing Member?

BAT out there

Stanley Park - Vancouver

CANADA | Wednesday, 28 May 2008 | Views [789]

Becky was feelign poorly this morning so I went off on my own to runa  few chores and bought an equatorial sleeping bacg at a rock bottom price in the hope that it's going to be scorchingly hot in Africa!

Took some lunch back to the room and Becky was feelign much better but not in the mood for going out and doing anything so I headed off to Stanley park on my tod.

Decide to walk along the Seawall route where I could loiok at all the moored boats - lovely. Now Stanley park is HUGE so there's no chance of doing it all - except of coudrse later on when I was on  my way back I realised I shoudl have hired a bike!!!

Anyway, had been thnking of going to the aquarium but when I got into the park I could see two of the tanks from the outside of the aquarium and personally felt that they didn't look very large.  There were 4 beluga whales in what looked to be a very small enclosure and next to them quite a lot of seals who just kept swimming the same pattern again and again cos they didn't have anywhere else to go so I decided against the aquarium.

So after than I walked and walked and walked.  Saw a statueof a girl in a wet suit  and a totem pole park and a light house.  this part of the park is on a peninsular and you can look back across at downtown vancouver which was great with the harbour in the foreground.  Walked all the way back out of the hotel and to the YWCA - my feet were about to fall off by this point so I needed a bit of a rest before we went out.

Went to the theatre to see "Tuesdays with Morrie" it was lovely.  Just two actors with a few basic props but they performed it beautifully and bot Becky and I shed a few tears cos it's a sad story  (read the book - it's brilliant) This was the penultimate performance and there was a standing ovation at the end - justifiably so.The actor playing Morrie was 88 years old - what an achievement.

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.