Existing Member?

BAT out there

Vancouver - what you got to offer?

CANADA | Tuesday, 27 May 2008 | Views [438]

So today was one of those days where I'mnot sure either Becky or I really knew what we wanted to do.

We went to the Art gallery (cos we happended to be passing) which turned out to be an expensive mistake as they only had two exhibitions on, one was actually some lovely paintings and sculptures by female artists all either around the same modernist period as Emily Carr.  Woudln't have minded taking one or two of those home but the other exhibition was called crazy and was all about animation art and the japanese cartoon type culture - not Becky's thing at all - I woudl probably had a bit of a look but it was easier just to leave.

Went to the visitor centre to check out what were the top things to do in Vancouver and then went our separate ways after a coffee.  i ended up going to the Mountain Equipment co-op to look at and price up sleeping bags and sleeping pads for africa as it could be quite hot there when I'm on my trip.

Picked up a flyer for "Tuesdays with Morrie" which is on at one of the small theatres in Vancouver and coudl be something different to go and see.  i know Becky likes the story.

Dim sum for dinner tonight - and yet AGAIN ate ourselves to a stand still but it was really really really good :o)

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.