Existing Member?

BAT out there

Never again Nashville

USA | Friday, 7 August 2009 | Views [159]

So basically I have the hangover from hell, my camera is broken and I have a business card from a guy who is going to be in Washington when I am there who was lovely to me last night but I have absolutely no memory of what he looked like......

So first hings first, try and ease the hangover.  then go on a big mission to get a replacement camera.  i have learnt my lesson though - never leave your camera in someone elses safe keeping and tell them it is fine to take pictures.  Once I managed to find a camera shop, bought exactly the same camera again and swapped the battery and memory card over I could see that the pictures were quite a good record of the night BUT not worth a broken camera!

Anyway after a huge plate of overcooked steak and vegetables that tasted as thought they had been cured in salt for the last week I headeed to the Parthenon again and boy was I glad that I did.  The building itself was pretty amazing and there were some great paintings inside as well as an exhibition by a local photographer which was very thought provoking.  Upstairs there is a huge guilded status of Athena and copies of the Elgin Marbles so all very interesting and informative and worth the $6 entrance fee.

As for the evening I figured both my wallet and my constitution woudl thank me for not going out so I statyed in and went to bed early.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.