Existing Member?

BAT out there

Oh dear oh dear oh dear

USA | Friday, 7 August 2009 | Views [151]

So the boys ( Mario and Jon) got themselves up a bit earlier than usual so we could go down town for a bit of culture.  We were joined by Jana, a swedish lady, who is in Nashville for 3 months to improve her songwriting skills.  She is in good company I think as there are apparently 35,000 singer/songwriter/musicians in the town!

First we went to the public library as they have the Nashville room here with civil rights history.  it was really well done with video footage of various key events like Martin Luther King's "I have a dream..." speech.  Could have stayed here a lot longer but there's more to do.  We thought we'd lost Jon (again) but he was on the free internet.  Then we went to the Tennesse State History Museum.  Far from the best museum I have ever been to and wierd because the floors go down rather than up.  By the time we got to the last section (3 floors down) it was absolutely freezing, my toes had gone numb, but of course this turned out to be the most interesting part as it was all the civilwar history but we just had to rush through. I could actually feel my toes tingling when I got outside!

We also managed to find a little groccery store so fresh fruit and vegetables for dinner - yipppeeee

Now quite a few people are leaving tomorrow so we were all determined to have a good night out. We started out in a local bar where Louis ( a british guy) managed to get a deal on shots for us - bad news.  Here the shots are at least 2 if not 3 measures so the first one was vodka and fresh lemon and then the second one was rum, what a mixture.  Next thing I knew 3 taxis had arrived and we were headed to broadway and Tootsies bar again.  Basically had an amazing evening, in Tootsies there are two stages one upstairs and one down and somehow I ended up with andother girl fromthe hostel, spending most of the night dancing on the stage. 

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.