Existing Member?

BAT out there

Atlanta - Birth place of Martin Luther King

USA | Sunday, 9 August 2009 | Views [215]

So I did the whole greyhound thing again yesterday and sat next to this very rude irritating little man but luckily the journey wasn't too long. On the plus side I got to see an Amish family Husband and wife and what looked like 4 children one about 3 or 4 with very blonde hair and very cute braces on his trousers - Ah!

Once I arrived I had a quite night getting to know some people in the hostel.

Today I am once again determined to see more of this city than some of the others I have been to and so I am geting a city pass. Caught the metro to the North and found myway to the park and Botanical Gardens. Wow.  The Botanical Gardens were amazing.  They had loads of Henry Moore sculptures in the ground which I love and the orchid house was just spectacular.  I spent several very hot but very happy hours wandering around and just enjoying the place - woud definitely recommend it to anyone interested.

Then I went to the High Museum of Art which is supposed to be the best museum in the south.  Frankly I wasn't impressed. It was a sadly disappointing collection of art and artifacts which I found were displayed in a confusing and haphazard way.  One or two things were good, the Monet exhibition and some African masks from Burkina Faso but the rest was like everything else I have ever seen in a museum/art gallery.  Oh and You have to pay for a photo permit to be allowed to take any pictures at all - cheeky.

Last port of call for the day was Atlantic Station, the shopping mall to go to the cinema and see GI Joe.  Entertaining action and shoot em up but a bit ridiculous at times.

Back at the hostel had a lovely evening talkign to Sarah, a girl from France who is in Atlanta to study for 4-5 months (there are a lot of students at the hostel looking for accommodation).  Tomorrow we are going to go to the aquarium together.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.