Existing Member?

BAT out there

Star spotting in Los Angeles

USA | Wednesday, 8 July 2009 | Views [183]

So up for a fab breakfast of what the American's call French toast - good old eggy bread to us Brits.

After a clear out of the bus and everyone getting sorted for our drop offs we headed into Los Angeles for real.  Sounds easy enough but neither of our drivers had been into LA for quite sometime so there was a lot of map reading and a couple of wrong turns.  Eventually we made it to the USA hostel in hollywood where we said goodbye to three of our group and the rest of us had a couple of hours to go along the walk of fame.  Oh my goodness so many stars and so many people.  Took us a while but we knew we had reached the Michael Jackson star when there were about a thousand people hanging around on the street!  Did manage to get a photo though.  Was quite impressed with the foot and hand prints outside the Grauman chinese theater too.

Next stop was Venice beach - another eye opener.  Never have I seen so many tattoo and piercing places and indeed botox places in one small stretch of beach front. Not to mention all the rollerskaters, skateboarders, cyclists and the odd person with a massive snake slung around their boby (yes it was real and he was just strolling along the boardwalk!!!)

Sadly had to say goodbye to Michelle and the rest of the Irish contingent here - they have been great company and very entertaining Boo hoo.

Last stop is Santa Monica.  Got checked into the hostel here and went out for dinner with Laura and Lucy to a nice Thai place. then wandered along the front for a bit.  Santa Monica seems nice.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.