Existing Member?

BAT out there

Well that's the National Parks done

USA | Sunday, 28 June 2009 | Views [166]

So I haven't done an update for a while cos it's been hectic hectic hectic.  I've now done 2 trips with green tortoise and had a few more days in San francisco.

My first trip was a 16 day oddessy including:

The ruby Mountains, Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Mystic Hot Springs, The great Salt Lake, salt Lake City, Zion, Arches, Bryce, the Grand Canyon and Las Vegas!

We were lucky and started out with only 12 people ona bus that takes 36 when full so for the first 9 days we had loads of space.  After 9 days we were joined by a few more people and had 28 on the bus was a bit more cosy but not too bad all things considered.

We had 2 drivers Jimmy and Matty.  jimmy was a bit older and was the strick one who tried to keep us in line and got us up in the morning.  to be honest I thought he had a bit of a personality disorder cos half the time he acted like  a dictator getting us to do things and the rest of the time like a 6 year old child having a tantrum when he wasn't happy with us.  Matty was younger and hilarious, lots of silly voices and larking about with various props like a big cowboy hat and a bull whip!

The national parks were amazing, Bryce was probably my favourite for the dramatic red stone and the beautiful hike coming out of the canyon that took us through a narow cleft int he rock.  The weather was pretty variable with some hail on our first day and then temperatures of 104 in Las Vegas as 8pm in the evening.  (looking forward to going back there again soon).

I met some lovely people on this trip and hope to keep in touch with a few of them in the future.

Then i had a day in San francisco which was pretty much taken up with getting my washing done and trying to get organised for my 3 day trip to Yosemite

 

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.