Existing Member?

BAT out there

What whale?

CANADA | Sunday, 25 May 2008 | Views [401]

Started the day with a  trip to the Royal British Columbia Musuem and saw one of the most interesting exhibitions of my trip so far. It was called Freespirit and was all about the people of British Columbia who have made the province what it is today (if you like) all the stories from immigrants and recognizing all the firat nations people involed and the lifestyle of being in the province in the post war years.  Very very interesting, codl have stayed all day.

So the whale watching!  Not so successful.  Don't get me wrong the boat was great and the staff were fun and very knowledgeable.  We saw seals and a sealion, bald eagles in their nest and even some porpoise but the whales were noticeable by their absence.  Turns out there were some about but they had decided to move to just off the coast of Vancouver today so weren't about for us.  Never mind it was superb as I just love being on boats, as does Becky. Bizarrely, even though the boat was very noisey (near the engines where we were sitting) and was rocking around quite a lot I still managed to fall asleep - how ever tired must I have been.

After a hot dog for lunch we went back to the museum and saw another really interesting exhibition all about wa r brides.  How brave were those women travellign all that distance with no real idea of wjhat they were letting themselves in for. One woman even came all that way and her husband was dead so stayed on with his family!

Depressingly I spent the rest of the afternoon cancellign most of my US bookings.  Went out for  aslap up sushi meal in the evening and AGAIN ate ourselves to a stand still.  The sushi was delicious and so cheap we ended up with enough to easily feed four people all presented in two rather quaint wooden boats.

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.