Existing Member?

BAT out there

Sleepy Old Halifax

CANADA | Thursday, 24 April 2008 | Views [234]

I have arrived in Halifax which is a refreshing change from New York as there is about one tenth the number of people and cars!  The hostel is fine and everyone very nice.  I had a lovely long chat with a girl from Belgium who is off to go camping on Prince Edward Island today and has bought so much stuff her pack now weighs over 20kgs - I must remember not to do that, although I am already craving another pair of trousers! Yesterday the weather was fine and I went for a long walk around the town in my new sandals that I bought in New York - see I`ve already increased the weight of my pack  (idiot!!!). Went the whole hog (or should that be fish) and had a slap up seafood meal - completely blew the budget but I enjoyed every mouthful.  And the plae was called McKelvie`s which soulded a little like McElwee to me so it seemed fitting!

Today is colder and wet so I will visit indoor attractions! Went to Pier 21 the old Immigration centre - acinating and quite emotional to think of all the refugees etc. coming through there (soppy old me)

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.