Existing Member?

Wanders of the World

Me you zik

LUXEMBOURG | Sunday, 30 September 2007 | Views [723] | Comments [3]

Amy:  We decided to stick around Luxembourg to take in the premier of the World Me You Zik festival.  The hostel in the city was full for the weekend so we took a bus out to the nearest hostel in Bourlingster.  The drive out was beautiful.  We came back on the bus this morning and have been taking in the music since about 2:30.  We saw an amazing act this afternoon. It was a woman from the Ivory Coast, her name was Dobet Gnahore,  her website is www.dobetgnahore.com if you want to check her out.  Patti and I both think she would be a hit at the Wpg. Folk fest.

The city is booked tonight so we are planning on taking in the music as long as we can and then hanging out at the train station until sun rise.  We have to go back to the hostel in the city to get the gear we stored there and then catch a train to Ghent.  The weather has still been cold and wet but we are holding out hope that it will be ok in Belgium and we will be able to camp again.  I don't think I can eat another hostel breakfast for awhile.

Thanks again to all who have left comments,  we enjoy logging on to see who has left us messages.  We will update again when we can and will hopefully have some nice sunny pictures of Ghent.

 

Tags: Party time

Comments

1

Hi Ladies

Winnipeg update: A very nice fall day in the Peg
The Bombers won on Saturday !!

This morning I had to use a lot of concealer to try and cover my black eye I got during our football game!!

Take care
Shannon




  Shannon R Oct 2, 2007 1:21 PM

2

Hi Girls!

Wow, you have put a lot of km's on those bikes...and those poor, tired legs. Just got back from England/Scotland myself...only had a week, but it was wonderful. It seems to be rainy season everywhere as it was cool and damp there too.

I hear France is beautiful, so I am sure you will have a wonderful time there. The wine should be amazing I am sure...maybe Patti will enjoy it too. Take good care...love reading about your adventures.

~Nikki

  Nikki H Oct 2, 2007 11:37 PM

3

Hi Amy & Patti,
Got back from Atlanta late last night. We were in the hotel for the conference most of the weekend but got out on Monday to see a few sights and it was a beautiful sunny day around 80 F. The weather is good somewhere in the world!! Will have about 20 bodies for Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday - should be fun. Will definitely get Mom and Dad on the website. Andrea and I will take them to Calgary next week. Happy Thanksgiving - we will be thinking of you and being thankful for your safe journey.
Lots of Love,
Dodi

  dodi Oct 4, 2007 6:01 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Luxembourg

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.