Existing Member?

Wanders of the World

Waiting out the Rain

LUXEMBOURG | Friday, 28 September 2007 | Views [519] | Comments [3]

Patti: Luxembourg City is a beautiful place. I'm sure it would be even more beautiful if it wasn't raining. My makeshift bike repair seems to be working fine so we did another 60 km ride to get here yesterday. Lots of hills, again. You'd think we would have clued in when we choose to ride in an area of Luxembourg nicknamed "Little Switzerland". We spent the day today walking in rain and hitting most of the historical highlights of the city. The hostel we are in (nice to be dry, warm, and not camping) is basically in the heart of the city.

The rain has been playing it's role in our trip planning. We have decided to skip Holland completly as everyone we have meet has told us it is their most rainy time of the year. We now plan to take the train to Gent, Belgium then ride to the west coast down to Dieppe. From there we go head to Paris. We have some bike routes to find, but so far this has been very managable.

Did you know that MacDonalds has free wireless in Luxembourg (and apparently many other countries in Europe). I swore I wouldn't enter a MacDonald while travelling, but here we are for the second night in a row. Amy didn't like the fries last night but enjoyed her cheeseburger tonight.

Tags: I should have known better!

Comments

1

There is a peach beer in Belgium that might interest you ... it is light and different.

  Larissa Sep 28, 2007 11:53 AM

2

Hey Patti,

Great to see you are enjoying your bike trip. Wow, that's alot of mileage! You're missed around here but glad your having a great time.

Take Care,
Alana

  Alana Sep 29, 2007 3:19 AM

3

HI Guys,

Winnipeg update: The weather was nice today

The castles sound very cool.
I can't believe all of the camping you've done, I am too high maintenance ( I need my comfy bed and comforters ) !! ha

Shannon




  Shannon R Sep 29, 2007 10:53 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Luxembourg

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.