Existing Member?

Wanders of the World

Activities

CHILE | Wednesday, 6 February 2008 | Views [607] | Comments [1]

Amy:  The canyoning adventure that we went on in Pucon was very fun.  We did 3 self repels through waterfalls one of which was a 15 meter drop.  We also had the opportunity to scramble through a narrow slot that we were told was formed by the lava from one of the eruptions of the Villarica volcano.  It was very cool.  It was a beautiful sunny day and the wetsuits we were provided with helped take the edge off the cold spring water.

 

We took the Hoochi mama bus from Pucon to Valdivia which is said to be one of the prettiest towns in Chile.  After lunch at the fish market we went for a walk to the University to see the Botanical Garden but it was too hot to stay out so we headed back to our hostel to watch a movie in the cool basement.  We were lucky enough to find the Super Bowl (with Spanish announcers) but a power failure interrupted our viewing.  Luckily it came back on and we were able to see the last 2 drives of the game.  It was fun to be able to watch the game live.

 

We toured around Puerto Varas a little bit today.  We visited the 150 year old church and I found it to be the most peaceful of all the churches we have visited during our travels. ( and we have visited lots)  It had a beautiful wood floor and blue painted ceilings.  The walls and ceiling were all wood.  We also spent a short time on the black sand beach and enjoyed some milder temperatures. 

 

We also booked a bus ticket to Bariloche Argentina today as we figure it will be easier to work our way down to Ushuaia through Argentina.  We have not been able to get anyone to confirm this for us but we figure the only way to find out at this point is to go and see.  Bariloche is supposed to be beautiful and it will break up the 30 hour bus ride to Punta Arenas Chile.  We leave on Thursday so we plan on spending tomorrow walking to a nearby park.

 

It has been difficult to get information on Patagonia but we have got some great tips from fellow travellers.  We met Jennifer from Winnipeg in the hostel in Pucon and she shared some great information with us.  What a small world. 

 

I uploaded some photos tonight but we have not been taking as many photos as we have in the past. 

 

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

Wow! Do those photos ever make me want to go hiking!!!
Just beautiful. Cor

  Cori Feb 7, 2008 3:46 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.