Existing Member?

Tales from the Scrapbook! This journal is mainly to post some photos of my travels.

Northern Ireland

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 15 September 2008 | Views [315]

Spent a weekend up in Northern Ireland during September. It turned out to be a fantastic short break and it seemed to me like one of those destinations which is tailor-made for a two-day stay. After arriving in Belfast after a smooth flight up on Aer Lingus I caught a bus into the city and had a walk around the city. It was a sensational day up there with clear blue skies and around 20 degrees.

After sorting out some accommodation (easier said than done as just about everywhere was booked out!!), I jumped on an open-top bus tour which took me around the main highlights. To see the divided communities of the Catholics and Protestants is pretty amazing - the murals, wire fences, flags and courthouses all make it pretty memorable. The tour then went down to the dockyards where the titanic was launched back in the day. It then took us around some of the suburbs of Belfast before returning to the city after about 90 minutes.

About aptyson


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.