Existing Member?

I wanna go Florida Stories and adventures from Around the World

Thank you and farewell to our Ambassador Van

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 4 June 2008 | Views [1478] | Comments [2]

the red team

the red team

And we have handed over the Ambassador Van to a new crew. As World Nomad Ambassadors we have traveled this wide brown land, tapping our fingers on the keyboard along the way. We’ve watched the kilometer thingy flicking over with hypnotic repetition.

We’ve explored, enjoyed, laughed and documented. We have all grown wiser and browner for the experience.

My stomach is not in its usual Pilates inspired shape and it feels more like a sponge cake than a fitness instructor’s chief tool. I will get right on to fixing that. Albert has lost the few kilos hanging on him since eating my mother’s delicious food. And Jett, well, he’s taller and a bit fatter and definitely more knowledgeable about Cassowaries than he was two months ago. (He was greeted by my mother with a lollipop in one hand, some chocolate in the other, and a muffin shoved right into his smiling mouth. He’s now catching up on TV time….)

Most importantly, for Albert and I, we’ve discovered a common bond that we didn’t know existed. We have often noticed that we have similar views about the world, but from different stand points. Sometimes its hard to see the reflection in all the sun. During this trip, during the enforced time together, we discovered that our views were more than similar. They were almost identical. And we have formed a deep resolve to unite our formidable talents (much like Hilary and Obama) and formulate our ideas into something we can work with in every day life. More to come about this rather mysterious comment. I like mystery… I think its underrated by modern fashions…

But you have had more than enough of my ramblings and divergences.

We hope you have enjoyed following us on our travels. Thank you for your support.

Thank you to Amanda, our chief contact with worldnomads and all of the great sponsors who have helped to make our trip so comfortable and inexpensive.

(I will write one more post as a ‘thank you’ to some of the people we met, and we will upload a final video at a later date.)

Tags: allwelcome, ambassador van, t a j

Comments

1

Can I put links on these comments?

What about images?

  mr tester Jun 5, 2008 10:18 AM

2

Have enjoyed reading all your stories. Glad you had fun with the van & I hope you keep your stories going!

  stowaway Jun 6, 2008 12:08 PM

About allwelcome


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.