Existing Member?

I wanna go Florida Stories and adventures from Around the World

Couples - How to choose a restaurant when on a relaxing holiday

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 20 March 2008 | Views [782]

We finally ate

We finally ate

Or otherwise entitled,

When nobody wants to take responsibility for the decision making process because I’m easy going and I don’t mind what I eat, but….

Put two indecisive people together, three streets of restaurants, a rather tight budget, an 8 year old sushi lover, and what do you get?

Yes, we walked the streets AGAIN, in another city, wondering what we were going to eat. Jett was starving and demanding sushi, again. Albert refused to make a decision but wasn’t  the really expensive one looking good. And I was thinking about our new budget and wondering if we just shouldn’t grab something from the local supermarket.

Again. If you have been there and done that, I’d LOVE to hear your tales of traveling torment. No really, I’d LOVE to hear about it…

Please tell me its not just us.

The problems started when we first arrived. I saw a nice little Krishna café that looked just idyllic. Low priced food and guaranteed to be edible. Why not just go in? Well, cause it’s the first place we see, and shouldn’t we just take a look around first?

This is the moment that doom strikes. If you are a new couple and this sounds a bit familiar… Don’t do it. Just go into the 1st one and avoid the next hour of street crawling…

Then we saw the second option, but I’d been there the last three times I’d been to Byron with my parents. Earth ‘n’ sea.  We should try something different.

Albert pointed out a nice place. And it looked good. But honestly, we’d just talked about how we wanted to drop our travel expenses, so I was resisting the easy option of feeling bad tomorrow cause we can’t stick to our decisions.

We keep walking.

And you know what?

After 50 minutes we do eventually sit down in Earth ‘n’ Sea, and we have a really nice pizza, and we have a great time (aided by a $25 Jacob’s Creek rose that incidentally pushed the price up to more than we wanted,  but anything to drown your sorrows, right?)

I’m just wondering how to avoid it the next time… We go to Noosa. What do you reckon?

Tags: dining, relationships

About allwelcome


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.