Existing Member?

I wanna go Florida Stories and adventures from Around the World

My second trip to Spain

SPAIN | Thursday, 20 March 2008 | Views [1295]

Every evening the rocks come alive with the last rays of the sun. Reminded me of Aus

Every evening the rocks come alive with the last rays of the sun. Reminded me of Aus

It was a pleasure trip. We were lucky to leave the confines of our apartment.

It was the 5th time we’d met, and Albert and I were still blinded by our own projections – in other words, in, what is commonly known to the world, as LOVE.

People talk commonly about India being a place that encompasses many different countries in one. Spain is the same. When I think of Spain, I think of Catalonia, Barcelona and the Costa Brava. I’ve never been anywhere else, and by all accounts its like another country in other regions.

We introduce Albert as the boy from Barcelona, and we were both surprised by the majority of people’s response. ‘ahhh, Catalunya!’ A few people with a ready elbow in your ribs make the risky ‘so you support Madrid?’ to which Albert, with diplomacy and skill, replies ‘err, no, I wouldn’t let my dog pee in their stadium if it was the only place outside of my home he could release the pressure of his little bladder’ or some such nonsense.

Back to Tossa De Mar

Of course, being an Aussie, going to ‘tossa’ was a bit of a laugh. For those not in the know, being referred to as a ‘tosser’ refers to one who is a slice short of the full loaf, or not quite the full quid, or a bit of a wanker (excuse me grandma, it was for the reader’s further linguistic studies of English Australian)

So, Tiffany goes to Tossa.

It was sun drenched. There’s a pretty castle and we walked the ramparts, drank sangria (not typically Catalonian but Albert thought we may as well) well into the evening and took photos of the famous Ava Gardner statue. I sat astride a canon for full graphic effect and we wandered hand in hand along the beach.

The sun set gloriously upon the craggy rocks and shifted the focus of attention. The water became luminous and the mosquitoes came out. We retired to our apartment a little further down the coast.

Visca catalunya! Needless to say, we’ll be returning.

Tags: catalunya

 

About allwelcome


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.