Existing Member?

i carry your heart with me it's not about being impressed; it's about being captivated...

wonderful people

BRAZIL | Saturday, 23 June 2007 | Views [317] | Comments [1]

The people of Brazil are amazing to me.  They make this country very enjoyable, and it has been better and better the more people that I meet.  They are friendly and helpful, and their command of the English language still astounds me.  Many of the people are beautiful, and the population overall is attractive - though not quite what I thought it would be.  I expected to find tall, thin, supermodels everywhere.  They are just normal people, though.  All shapes and sizes, and every race and color walks side by side.  The locals have told me that discrimination is a class thing rather than a racial thing.  As in the US, class has a corollation with race, but I too have hold the view that it is class that divides the races.  It was nice to hear that perspective from another world. 

Anyway, I am in Buzios for the weekend.  The stars are amazing out here!  The air is so clear.  But the misquitoes are annoying (they say malaria isn´t in this area, though, so that is definitely a plus).  The beaches are beautiful, even at night - which is all I have seen so far.  Tomorrow we will go and wander and enjoy the quietness. 

Two nights here, and then back to Rio.  I still plan to go to Bolivia sometime this coming week...

Tags: People

Comments

1

Hi Sharon: Several people at my office are all following along on your blog (adventure) and we are all anxious for the next one...Please provide more details on your stay in Bolivia...Several want to know if the scottish guy is single...Luv Dad

  George McLaughlin Jun 29, 2007 2:33 AM

About wandorion


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.