Existing Member?

i carry your heart with me it's not about being impressed; it's about being captivated...

local interaction

ARGENTINA | Sunday, 20 May 2007 | Views [327] | Comments [2]

Lucia and her mother are wonderful people!  It was so nice to spend some time with them, and very enjoyable to view life a bit from their perspective.  Last night we walked around through flea market / street vendors.  It was great to see the local handmade goods - and also great to get away from the tourist prices lacking in quality.  But I still didn´t buy much (gotta keep the bags light for travel!).  Then they took me to an amazing restaurant and suggested a meal of Patagonian lamb.  It was FANTASTIC!  Lamb with sauce and cranberries, tomatoes, rice, and some spinach stuffed pastry.  White wine, and a raspberry ice cream type desert.  All very very tasty.  Oh, and Gwen Steffani was on the radio.  ha!

I spent the night at their apartment, in the suburb of Olivos.  Their dog was a super pet; we liked each other. 

Up in the morning for a wonderful traditional breakfast: coffee and sweets (I could get used to this!!!).  Then out to the port.  The water is very polluted at this point, but people were pleasure fishing - for pirhanas!!  Then meandering through a couple more flea markets, a peek in the cathedral, and back for a yummy lunch (basically country fried steak and potatoes, but with local flavoring - Lucia is going to e-mail me the recipe).

So, after a rounded adventure of subway + bus + taxi + train + walking, I am back at my hotel and preparing for tomorrow´s class: group presentations on Mexican constitutional cases.  Gotta run!

besos y abrazos

Tags: Friends

Comments

1

Sharon,

Good to hear you are having fun and learning lots. Take many pictures to share when you get back. Take care.

Love ya,
Megan

  Megan May 21, 2007 12:22 PM

2

Hi Sharon: we have called 6-8 times but have not been able to reach you...We called room 201 and last nite they gave us room 205 ...we woke up somebody else...Call us collect so we can get it straightened out...Love reading the blog so keep it up...Love Dad

  Dad May 23, 2007 3:48 AM

About wandorion


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.