Existing Member?

Expat Vagabonds "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow mindedness." Mark Twain

Packing It In

USA | Saturday, 23 April 2011 | Views [691]

Like a snail we carry everything we own with us.  This is it!

Like a snail we carry everything we own with us. This is it!

"What are you bringing with you?" is the second most asked question.  The first, of course, is "You're moving where?"  Well, you bring as much for 10 years as you bring for three months - or two weeks.  We each have one wheelie bag of clothes; trousers, shorts, t-shirts, underwear, and rain gear.  Connie also has a day pack where she keeps the laptop and accessories while John has his camera pack.  Everything else we owned has been sold, donated or put in a 5x10 storage unit.  Connie packed her gear as soon as we sold the bedroom furniture (surprise!) while John waited (no surprise) until the last day.

There are some extenuating circumstances for this trip.  Since we are sailing to Barcelona from Galveston, there are no baggage restrictions.  And there are four formal dining nights.  So we have an extra garment bag with evening wear and shoes which will remain on the ship when we get off in Spain.  And we have a backpack of winter clothing that we will leave with our nephew, Captain Brett, who is stationed in Germany.  We will visit Germany often to see Brett and Ashley and to take care of our healthcare needs at the military bases there.

About vagabonds

Connie and John at Machu Pichu

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.