Existing Member?

Expat Vagabonds "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow mindedness." Mark Twain

Mea Culpa

USA | Sunday, 17 April 2011 | Views [767]

It has been two months since our last entry and all I can say is I am so sorry!  Let me try to catch you up.  Selling a house in these trying times is not for the faint-of-heart.  There are just too few potential buyers and way too many homes for sale.  Realtors said it showed well and was priced right and we knew it would probably take months to sell but . . . 

We continued to work at the museum, hoping to finish our three-year project of cataloguing the 14,000 mammal specimens.  John continued to sell off our possesions on Craigs List and we began transferring our prized possessions to storage.  We took a road trip to visit friends who escape the New Engalnd winter in Arizona every year.  And each week we had 'lookers' - but no takers.  We lowered our asking price - still no results. 

In mid-April we lowered the price on our furniture-less home yet again and went on a little farewell tour to say good-bye to some Colorado friends.  When we returned home we had an offer, not all we wanted but close enough.  We accepted and the closing has been set for May 16.  We are still involved in negotiations over minor repairs and have had to establish power-of-attorney for the closing, arrange to have utilities terminated, run a garage sale (yuck!) and deal with a host of other niggling details.  But the end (we hope) is in sight.

About vagabonds

Connie and John at Machu Pichu

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.