Existing Member?

Expat Vagabonds "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow mindedness." Mark Twain

A View From the Right

USA | Monday, 10 January 2011 | Views [808]

The RIGHT Tools for the Job

The RIGHT Tools for the Job

Sarah Palin must be the goddess of American construction workers! 

Now we know where the conservatives work; construction.  When he heard we had lived in Africa, the electrician told me of his hunting safari in Namibia.  He only shot plains game, he said, not elephants or lions.  But he envied the owner of the land he hunted, a Boer by the sounds of it, who went out of his way to kill every leopard and cheetah he saw. And he can't wait to go back and get his share.

The guy who started the kitchen demolition today, a seemingly nice young man, was listening to one of the talk radio stations.  Between the hammering and sawing we could hear Rush Limbaugh warning us of the liberals’ plans to strip away as many of our rights as possible.  I narrowly avoided getting involved in a discussion of how wrong it is for schools to teach evolution when they can’t teach religion.  It's not safe to be a liberal, even in your own home.

I can hardly wait for the Plumbers Tale!

About vagabonds

Connie and John at Machu Pichu

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.