Existing Member?

Mid Life Crisis - Kilimanjaro 2015 Challenger both Body and Mind

Talking to the Professionals – Realising why it is so important – Kilimanjaro Blog

TANZANIA | Tuesday, 28 April 2015 | Views [530]

This weekend I spent on a TrekPrep weekend, run by a client of mine Dave Stewart, MD of The Fresh Air Learning Company. The joining pack stated “An awesome weekend of fun and fresh air, preparing you for the mighty ascent of Kilimanjaro, the highest free-standing mountain in the world.  The Fresh Air Learning Company creates teams of experts to help individuals and teams prepare for big steps and difficult journeys – in business, as well as on an expedition”. I thought “I need some expert help” so this sounds perfect. 

Reading further made me know these guys knew what they were talking about.  Dave is a qualified Mountain Leader and adventure first aider, has been up Kilimanjaro twice. Dominic Rudd is a qualified and very experienced International Mountain Leader and adventure first aider. He has led multiple treks to Kilimanjaro and elsewhere around the world.

The weekend was set up be a “rolling conversation” as well as a representation of the Killi summit night. I am staggered by the amount of information and things I learnt. Talking to people who have been there and done it, confirmed why my clients find working with a business coach so beneficial, as well as the advice from a trained bereavement volunteer changes lives for people who use Somerset Area Cruse Bereavement Care

Someone to help you avoid mistakes. Help get you to where you want to go sooner. Whatever or wherever that is. An example being Dominic who showed us the bag he takes to Killi and the lack of stuff. We discussed why he didn’t have things I thought we needed and he explained everything, because he had been there, multiple times. Hence why he is called an expert. 

The outcome is that I have now removed over a kilogram of weight from my duffle bag. This is weight which would have been slowing me down, making it less likely for me to reach my goal, the roof of Africa.

Having someone external to what you are trying to achieve, helping you get to where you want to be, as easily as possible, with the least amount of effort, works for me.

Totally inspired I am off to help more business owners achieve more, get back on their front foot and generally focus on their goals. I am writing this a day earlier than normal which shows how much impact my training weekend has had. Later I’ll catch up on some sleep, more about all of this soon.

Similarly, I am keen to build on the success of the sponsorship breaking £2000, to enable Somerset Area Cruse Bereavement Care to continue provide a expert, with knowledge of the problems bereaved people have and how to treat bereaved people.

If you would like to support me, please go to https://www.justgiving.com/Tony-Mattravers/.

And of course, please feel free to share this link with your networks too!

Thank You

Tags: challenge, charity, frustration, hard work, killimanjaro, mid life crise, panic, panic, summit, trekking

About tony_mattravers


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Tanzania

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.