Existing Member?

New Zealand or BUST! Why go...not to escape reality, but to find it...to see hitherto unexperienced horizons of beauty...to have the courage to turn against habitual lifestyle and engage in unconventional living...to be wild at heart.

Done with Waiheke

NEW ZEALAND | Tuesday, 15 January 2008 | Views [426]

I left the island today.  I only stayed on that first farm for 4 days.  I just felt the desire to more on.  Waiheke also has water shortage problems in the summer, so I wanted to leave and take a shower!

My first WWOOF experience is what you would expect.  A 40-something-year-old hippie couple with a beautiful property and a wild-flower-child.  I have some great pictures, but my camera does not like the computer at the backpacker lodge I'm at.

I am on to the Coromandel tomorrow.  It is the spot on the North Island where many North Islanders vacation.  I will be going to a beautiful water garden on my birthday in fact.  I have not been disappointed by anything so far.

Last night I hiked up a HUGE hill to watch the sunset.  I could see Auckland city in the distance and the ocean  and the island all around me.  I almost didn't make it to the top.  I found a smaller hill going up that had a pretty good view.  And then I said "I didn't come to New Zealand to climb the 2nd biggest hill".  I'm glad I made it to the top!

Tags: The Great Outdoors

 
 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.