Existing Member?

New Zealand or BUST! Why go...not to escape reality, but to find it...to see hitherto unexperienced horizons of beauty...to have the courage to turn against habitual lifestyle and engage in unconventional living...to be wild at heart.

Toxic Mussels

NEW ZEALAND | Thursday, 10 January 2008 | Views [1614]

Hello friends.  If you come to N.Zed, be careful about the shellfish.  I have felt horrible all day because of those mussels last night.  I took a hot bath to try and sweat it out.  I drank tons of juice and water to try and flush it out.  I slept most of the day.  And still...

At least it didn't happen tomorrow.  I take the Ferry to Waiheke Island.  I am going on a tour there and then meeting my first WWOOF host in the afternoon.  So I will be there when I turn 25.

Auckland reminds me a bit of Toronto with a few more 3rd world cultural leanings.  The down-town is also much like Seattle.  I went to the art gallery and the park already, and I have a couple more places to check out when I come back through in April.  Hopefully I won't be poisoned by then!

I have enjoyed staying with the Bartles.  Their extended family was in town too, so tea-time was great fun.  They are all Scottish, and even little Maya Grace Harris (5 yrs. old) had a think accent.  I am just glad I was here when I got this icky feeling.  Imagine that I wouldn't be about to do farm-work right now.

I will add some pictures when I get near a computer with some more ability.

Tags: Food & eating

 
 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.