Existing Member?

sophsossig general diary to keep all the folks at home upto date on our shenanigans in India!

Bombay Delights

INDIA | Friday, 2 February 2007 | Views [448]

Hello again guys - people will think i have nothing better to do with my time but write this bloody journal! But internet evenings are just part of our daily routine at the mo - and there is always something to say about a day in India.

Was woken up bright and early this morning by Annie so we could attend laughing yoga session at the Gateway of India. Trapsed over there very bleary eyed (and thats without a night on the booze - i swear!) and found the group stretching away in a circle. Joined the circle and just went with it - so much fun! The main guy lead us through worldwide laughs - British (ho,ho,ho), Amercian (ha,ha,ha and slap of the thigh!), also laughing computer (pretending to type when laughing), kangaroo (speaks for itself and so much more. Ended with alittle chant of '1.2.3 laughter is free, east or west laughter is best!' Absolutely genius and the best way to wake up in the morning!

Also took cab tour of main sights we wanted to see in Mumbai this morning - hanging gardens were beautiful, Jaoin temple (equisite building with Jaoists making offerings and praying to their gods - amazing to watch), and also Gandhi museum. I learnt so much in there and it really moved me reading about him. Defintely worth a visit . . .

After morning tour went to book train out of here for Satuday to Auranagabd. Looking forward to leaving, can't wait to just 'be' in a beautiful place somewhere - cities are just too hectic and require you to be doing something all the time - ahhhhhhhhh!!

Caught a Bollywood movie today - or half of one - the whole experience was just too much to endure!! Film was called Guru and from what I could make out (all in Hindi) it was about the Godfather of Polyester and his crazy lady who likes to dance in the rain and wear baskets on her head!

Also found wine shop down a dirty back alley so am now fully prepared for anymore dry days this place might throw at us.

Over and out for now xxxx

Tags: Sightseeing

 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.