Existing Member?

sophsossig general diary to keep all the folks at home upto date on our shenanigans in India!

Honeymoon Heaven!!

INDIA | Tuesday, 22 May 2007 | Views [1249]

I LOVE MANALI!! Have been here a few days and feels likea real holiday. Me and Jam have got the best room in Old Manali with panoramic views of the valley and mountains - waterfalls, snow mountains . . . . and awesome balcony which we share with our neighbours Sally and Christine. Travelled with us by a stroke of chance from Mcleod. Cool to have neighbours to hang out with - if only Sally would shut up singing!

Have sat on a real life yak - smaller than I imagined but definitely hairier than I imagined! Have explored nearby Vashist and New Manali - where you can feast on delicious English fruit - cherries, apricots, peaches, strawberries - who could ask for more.

Had one of the best days of my life today - rode on the back of a Yamaha bike up to the snowline where me and Annie wore Cruella De Ville style jackets to keep warm and fell about in the snow! It even snowed while we were up there and there were glaciers at least 10 meteres deep!The ride there was amazing - Dad you would have been proud of both me and Jam! Felt like a real biker - its wild just pay about six pounds and get yourself a bike - the roads are winding mountain roads and in some places its more like off-roading! A complete thrill - can't wait to get back on it tomorrow.

Annie and Baby r staying in Vashist and me and Jam are across the valley in old manali - have found a great Tee-betan restaurant where we hang out in the evenings and I can get my daily dose of momos.

Katy - loving the videos you are sending - just finding it hard to get a pair of headphones to listen to them in this place. Wedding rings are on order - so our home made rings made from Tetley teabag strings might have to go soon!

Love you all millions. Count down is on - less then two months until my return . . . .

PS HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNIE FOR TOMORROW!!

Tags: Mountains

 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.