Existing Member?

sophsossig general diary to keep all the folks at home upto date on our shenanigans in India!

Back to Mcleod . . .

INDIA | Monday, 28 May 2007 | Views [523] | Comments [2]

Hey guys, the honeymooners returned to Mcleod last night after a bitch of a journey! Please God no more local buses - we're just minutes from D-Sala but stopped every 5 bloody metres to let people, goats, puking children on and off bus. Just get me back dudes . . . .

Had a wicked time in Manali - hiring the bike was the best thing we done. I even rode the beast and think i'm a bit of a natural - do forget where the brakes are at times so don't think i'm quite roadworthy yet but practise makes perfick! Found a natural hot spring next to the river just outside of Manali - just like a really hot bath but too many half naked Indian guys washing their balls in it to make me want to jump in!

Moved to Vashist for last couple of nights in Manali - and bumped into STEVE!~!!!! Love HIM!!! Met him in Varkala and at Ammas ashram. Guy from Grimsby who i swear was the MOST excited about my marriage to Jam! He just couldn't stop smiling and wishing us luck and congratulations. Hope to catch up with him again - weird he was the only person left to bump into again. There have just been some people along this trip that you just know or wish you will bump into again - so far Dave and Irish Allepey boys and my final one STEVE! It's just meant to be . . .

Also visited Reshwarar lake about 4 hours out from Manali (near Mandi - DIVE!!). Many Buddhist monastries and a very Tibetan feel to the place. Not much to do in the evenings but luckily our monastery room had TV - Star Movies all the way! Dodgy Kung-Fu Tai-Chi movies - love spotting the ropes!

Good to be back home - although I have lost at all bets along our journey so now have to cook and wash for a week - poor chap, hope he likes omelettes and half washed clothes . . . .

Celebrated Annies b'day in lovely Tibetan restaurant in Old Manali - delicious cake with "Happy Birthday Annie Kingfisher' written across it!

Also found great restaurant in New Manali - Chopsticks - that do a great lock in! Card playing and Kingfisher drinking until 1 in the morning. And if anyone visits Manali you just have to eat at the Tibetan restaurant on the road to Vashist - Phuntok Garden Restaurant or something like that (just cross the river from New Manali and follow the road straight up until you see it on your left - just before petrol station) The best food I have ever tasted!

Hope to go back to Manali soon and also take a road trip (on bike of course!) to Ladakh.

Love, hugs and kisses to you all - keep getting love bombs about coming home - very excited!

 

Tags: On the Road

Comments

1

missing you loads. on the net now x x x

  katy May 30, 2007 1:12 AM

2

Hey girlie

Where you gone? Anyone in know?

xx Janet & John

  John & Jan Jun 15, 2007 6:34 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.