Existing Member?

sophsossig general diary to keep all the folks at home upto date on our shenanigans in India!

Still in Arambol

INDIA | Thursday, 25 January 2007 | Views [462] | Comments [2]

Writing this from internet cafe in Arambol when should really be in Pune but this is India and in typical Annie and Soph style things have not gone to plan - which is no bad thing!!

After checking out of beach hut with bags yesterday morning we camped out at Siidartha and planned to leave at 5 in time to get 7.30 bus to Pune. Got all nostalgic about this place over a couple of vodkas and Kingfishers with Tim, Sylvester (the man with THE pad to die for!), Cissy (crazy lady who has travelled alone all over the world - a real inspiration) and Peter (dutch guy with such a fab attitude to this travelling malarky) and on Peters advise we decided to leave later by taxi to bus station rather than by bus (why do things the hard way!?) which gave us more time to drink!! By the time we had to leave we were cutting it fine but hopped in a cab with bags and made our way to Mapusa (things going well so far . . ) however when we reached bus station we just decided we weren't ready to face the 'Real india' yet and another night in Arambol would be a far better idea so just hopped in a cab back! The best cab ride of my life - Shakira and Enrique blasting out of the speakers and me and Annie cutting some move in the back seat!!

Discovered our old hut was still free and said our hellos again to everybody - felt like they were almost expecting us to return. Went to suprise Tim with my return and knew i had found right place when i stepped on the little piglet (sorry dude!). Felt good to be back but this morning the vodka has worn off and me and Annie both feel it is time to leave  - the excitement of what lies ahead is stronger than my desire to stay here . . . . . .

So we leave again tonight and head to Maharstra where a whole new Indian experience awaits us and we leave with such great memories. Thank you Arambol xxxxxxxxxxx

Tags: Misadventures

Comments

1

Soph

Really enjoying reading about your antics keep them coming. Not missing anything here, woke up to 50mm of snow the other morning!.
I'm off to Chamonix tomorrow for my annual pilgrimage to the snow. Will be thinking of you. Look forward to catching up with your trip when I return.
Take care
Love Markxxxx

  Mark Jan 27, 2007 3:09 AM

2

hi sis, glad to see u still enjoying it!
dylan and robyn are still missing u, robyn frequently says "sophie be here in a minute won't she?" she doesn't quite get it yet!
anyway, missing u love u loads
katy and the brady bunch x x x

  katy Jan 29, 2007 12:39 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.