Existing Member?

sophsossig general diary to keep all the folks at home upto date on our shenanigans in India!

Gonna Miss U Arambol

INDIA | Wednesday, 24 January 2007 | Views [760]

It is our last day here in Arambol - check out of beach hut in one hour then we wait for bus to take us to Pune. It is an overnight sleeper coach and will take about 12 hours to get there. Excited to be on our way but after the events of the last couple of days really sad to be leaving this place too.

The amazing thing about Goa is that with the crazy mish mash of people you can just never tell how your day is going to pan out and who you will spending the day or night with. The night before last started out like any normal night in the Blue Seahorse where they were showing Lord of the Rings and episodes of Friends. The food was so poor in there but they made up for it by serving the largest measures of vodkas! GOt a little merry in there and then headed along the beach doing our usual spot of stargazing when we bumped into Tim from Wisconsin (obviously blown away by our knowledge of the night sky!) and his bottle of Old Monk. Great guy who ended up stargazing with us over a drink before we all headed off down the beach to the obligatory fire and drums where we also met Dave (another dude from USA) who was just lovely and wore a french beret! He was such a sweetheart and felt like a son to us by morning - u just couldn't help but mother him! The four of us were left alone around the fire as night wore on when out of the deep, dark depths of nowhere appeared Rupert from Surrey!!! Absolute loon with a great selection of accents - Annie and him were in their element and had us laughing all night. Just love the fact that 2 hours before we didn't even know these guys existed but by early morning we were all huddled up in the sand together waiting for the sun to rise! Only Goa baby . . . .

My first all nighter with sunrise in India - just one of those moments that i will always remember! By morning we had moved to Dreamcatcher bar and had taken a morning swim with Dave before finally crashing out about 8am.

Saw Dave yesterday morning strolling along beach - still pining for Valentina (the love of his life), also searching for motorbike key (oh Dave!!), and his body still covered in our etchings from the night before. Then more than ever did you just want pick him up and mother him!!

Also bumped into Tim who came for infamous pasta at Siidarthas with us before attending the slam poetry night at Seabreeze with us. Another funny night although Little Man from Seabreeze is getting on our box - he is like our father telling us when to laugh, when to sleep!! Rack off mister . . . .

Just writing this here so i don't forget - Tims friend Peter says go to Tamil Nadu now - it is a beautiful place and the people are lovely. Wasn't on our list but after his recommendation might just have to squeeze it in. But we must go wehre the horn of hair leads us - new method (devised last night!!) to guide us around India. Spin me around a bit, point my straw like hair at the map and go there!!!

Gonna miss the sea, the people we have met and the people we have not, being called Sophia by hut guys, Siidartha, lazy days and sunsets here. Not gonna miss morning phlegm sessions by hut guys (even hut gals), being called Sophie Pee Pee by Little Man, giant ants making themselves at home in my eyebrow (but who can blame them!).

Luv U Arambol xxxx Pune here we come . . . .

Tags: People

 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.