Existing Member?

Sloggs' Travel Blog A journal of my travels in 2008 & beyond...

Exercise day and tales of insect gambling...

THAILAND | Monday, 28 January 2008 | Views [914] | Comments [3]

Today I got up nice and early, well 8am early anyway, and went down to the beach for a run and swim session. Ran about half a mile up the beach, which was hard work for a non runner, especially on sand! ;) I then swam back past the point on the beach I entered and did a bit against the current back along to my spot. Was quite nice, although hard work against the current. I was out there about 40 mins all in. Had a nice cold shower back at my room afterwards and laid under the aircon unit for about half an hour to cool down whilst catching up with the Africa Nations football highlights.

I went across the road for breakfast after, and had a banana shake (they are AMAZING!) and an 'Island Breakfast' which is two fried eggs (sunny side up) with lean shredded bacon, chunky red peppers and melted cheese on top, with some toast... lush! All for under two quid too!

This afternoon Steve and I went Kayaking in the sea, which was about the choppiest I've seen it yet... it was hard work, but a right laugh, trying to ride in at speed on the waves... usually flying off near the beach and getting a kayak on the head! ;) Afterwards we stayed in the sea for ages, it was so warm... throwing a makeshift ball made of seaweed around and diving into the swells and waves which were over head height whilst we were stood in up to our middles...

Tonight we're hopefully buying tickets to go on a snorkeling trip tomorrow to a few little islands in the south which will be cool. At some point this week I want to go inland to one of the freshwater waterfalls, thats gotta be cool. We're looking into the possibility of taking a microlite flight over the Island too, and they offer a paramotoring flight for only and extra few quid, although that looks a lot more scary!!

Looking forward to food tonight, huuuuunnnngry after all the swimming and shoulder work on the kayak! The little stall near our hotel selling lush kebabs had whole squids today on the bar-b, they look lush, gonna have to try one tomorrow. :)

Insect gambling incident yesterday...

Yesterday, whilst Steve and I were sat lazing outside the internet cafe, he was (still) trying to catch the pesky little flies that buzz about... It was pretty funny watching him miss and get more annoyed with them [they are a pain in the arse!]. I bet him 500B that he would not be able to catch one all day... and he promptly bloody got one after being rubbish for the past half hour! So I came up with double or quits if I could get an ant to carry the carcass of his fly off... I flicked two ants over and moved the fly into the path of them, it was interesting to watch them as they came across the body and one of them got well excited about it, picked the fly up, and started dragging it away! I am a genius... and didn't have to pay Steve for his heroic fly catching... Lol!

The little ant was awesome, and carried it about three feet and into a little whole under the building, good work fella! Who knows what the fly's fate was once inside...

That's all... until tomorrow, maybe.

Bye! ;)

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

Comments

1

Dude, seriously losing your marbles there! You need to lay off them kebabs for a couple of days i tell thee.

  Vin Jan 28, 2008 11:11 PM

2

That's my bro!! The loon! And now insect gambler???

  Jo Jan 29, 2008 8:03 AM

3

Yup yup yup yup yup yup ;p

  sl0ggs Jan 29, 2008 5:39 PM

About sl0ggs

Me with the kids at Cawaro Village School during the Vitika Trek

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.