Existing Member?

Sloggs' Travel Blog A journal of my travels in 2008 & beyond...

Slowing down into this life...

THAILAND | Sunday, 27 January 2008 | Views [866] | Comments [1]

My beach on Koh Chang Island

My beach on Koh Chang Island

I am now getting used to this pace of life, and getting good at it. Soon I will be unable to do basic maths and remember things from yesterday (like Steve is currently ;p).

I now have a scooter for a few days, which is fun. It is the best way to get around the island and my pink crash helmet looks awesome! Lol

Today I have paid for 3 more nights in advance at the place I am staying. It is well located and veerrrry comfy. They change all the bedding everyday too, which did not happen in Bangkok.

I took some pictures of this place yesterday, although the sunset wasn't good so I will wait to get a good pic of that to show you. The beach is beautiful and the sea is such a nice temperature. I will go in there everyday, without fail. Yesterday Steve and I clocked a hire place to get Kayaks from, so we'll do that smoe time this week, should be fun.

Last night we went up the road to the Irish bar where we had our fry up yesterday, to watch the football. Arsenal v Newcastle on a very large projected screen, plus two more tv's showing other matches. They have guinness too of course, but it is expensive for here at 3 quid a pint!! At least they pour it properly... ;) We're going there again tonight to shout at the Manu v Spurs FA cup match.

I still remain skeptical and cinical about the people here. Pretty much every Thai person is on the make and will tell the foreigners what they want to here in order to get what they want. I think I have only spoken to a few genuine people here, two girls we spoke to last night who were buying their own drinks and seemed more like the real thing than anyone else I spoke with. Drunken Steve, the muppet, told them we lived here and were English teachers... then we bumped into them later and got chatting more and will probably see them again in this small town. Nice work Steve! ;)

Late last night Steve nipped off to crash out as he didn't sleep much last night, I stayed on the sand at the last open bar and chatted to a group of locals. One of the girls seemed quite nice and talked about her up bringing and how she got to live here. They were partying earlier in the night and looked like they were buying their own drinks. I went on to another bar with them when the pub closed about 3am and soon realised that I was there meal ticket to carry on drinking... I bought them a bottle of rum as it was cheap, had a swig and went on my way. I ain't no ones meal ticket unless I choose to be! ;)

Had a good sleep after that and have a little headache now. I might try drinking fruit juice tonight... lol ;)

I saw my first gecko hunt and kill in my room last night, quality piece of work by the little fella, and I was glad he got that spider I'd spotted earlier. Heheh

Ok, thats all for now. I will update again once I have some stories. Hopefully we will go inland this week and check out one of the waterfalls in the mountains and also take a snorkeling trip somewhere.

Laters

Sloggs (soks)

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

Comments

1

All sounds so familiar...the geko hunt and kill, the bumping into the same people, every one on the take... don't let it put you off entirely though as there are some really genuine people out there too

  Annah Feb 10, 2008 12:16 AM

About sl0ggs

Me with the kids at Cawaro Village School during the Vitika Trek

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.