Existing Member?

Sloggs' Travel Blog A journal of my travels in 2008 & beyond...

Preparations going to plan... ish

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 8 January 2008 | Views [795]

So, tonight I finally sold my car. I am mostly gutted, as I reeeeaaaaalllly liked this car, and only bought it (brand new) in July 2007! Hind site is a wonderful thing... at the point of buying it, I was thinking I'd keep it for several years, thus absorbing the depreciation and enjoying using the thing. Obviously things changed drastically since in my stupid head and as a consequence I've taken a pretty big loss financially on this... I had little choice unfortunately. I could have put it into storage, but it would have had to have been good storage, the kind where they adjust tyre pressure and start the car every month etc. Some of them even keep the vehicle in a humidified atmosphere so they don't develop rust etc! But it would have cost me quite a bit, and if I then came back and decided to sell up anyway I would have lost even more than I have right now, so I really needed to just get what cash I could back out of it now and put it in the bank. I'd like to say that I've learned a lesson from this... but I haven't!

Anyway, very enthusiastic chap turned up tonight and gave me a cash deposit. He's coming back on Saturday with the rest in cash, where I shall put it straight over the counter at my bank and he'll drive off in the bargain of the decade! Git! :-(

Sold one of my nice leather armchairs, and hopefully someone is coming to see the other on the weekend, also had a call about the table and chairs... fair play, trade-it has done me proud!

I've summed up a poor 2007 with a nice financial loss in all these 8-10 month old things I bought on impulse. Damn you brain, and your constantly changing ideas!!

Not sure about my storage now though. The chap who offered it hasn't really come through and I'm just gonna piss him (and myself) off by keeping on asking to see it... going to check out the Big Yellow Storage box place in Bedminster on the weekend, see how much it is for a small room... yet another financial hit! w00t!

Gonna have to try to budget like a maniac on my travels!

Tags: The Planning Phase

About sl0ggs

Me with the kids at Cawaro Village School during the Vitika Trek

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.