Existing Member?

Sloggs' Travel Blog A journal of my travels in 2008 & beyond...

Selling stuff for England!

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 11 January 2008 | Views [860]

Well, emptying the flat is going reasonably well! I've sold some things on eBay that have been following me around for years, stuff that I really should have sold ages ago (old car tuning parts from my Fiat Coupe days etc). Handily I've made enough cash to pay for secure storage for the things I'm going to keep, which is a result...


Went to look at the Big Yellow Storage company in Bedminster today. I don't really like lining the pockets of big companies like this, but I need secure storage for piece of mind, and it turns out they are pretty good, and not as pricey as I thought they would be for the limited amount of stuff I have to store. The whole sum of me (and my 35 years) is going to amount to a 5 foot by 4 foot, 8 foot high room, my bank account and the bag I take with me... not alot to show for all that effort staying alive so far! (But at least I am alive... I'll take that! ;-))

Sold one of my lush leather arm chairs today, to someone from the poker group... the other is still on trade-it, hope someone snaps it up now. (My initial thought was to keep them, but I'm allowed to change my mind!)

The car will be gone tomorrow... *cry. But at least the guy is bringing cash which can go straight into my bank...

I'm currently ripping CD's for my ipod whilst cleaning the flat for a visit tomorrow of a prospective new tenant... not entirely happy about them coming in with the estate agent while I'm not here (playing poker in Cardiff tomorrow FTW), but I've put them off twice already and suppose I just have to trust the agent! :-/

Thats all... move along... ;-)

Tags: The Planning Phase

About sl0ggs

Me with the kids at Cawaro Village School during the Vitika Trek

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.