Existing Member?

Living Outside the Box What is freedom for if not the chance to define for yourself who you are?

Madrid Nov 14

SPAIN | Thursday, 15 November 2007 | Views [661]

As some of you might recall, in the middle of October I left the baby blanket project under a hostel bed in Hospital de Orbigo.  It was with great angst I had to decide if to go back and get it or try to make contact with the hostel saying I will come back in Nov to retrieve it.

I decided to forge on and camino magic had 2 pilgrims walking towards me.  Thinking quickly I asked them to drop off a note to the hostel and they said they would.  They did and I have been reunited with the blanket.

During the last week I have been playing tourist in Santiago, Toledo and Madrid.  This mainly consists of walking and stopping for a grande kaffe con leche or vino tinto or both if I am in the midst of writing.  I have enjoyed them all but prefer the smaller towns of Toledo and Santiago.  Madrid has wonderful parks and a great transportation system. 

In Madrid there was a mini Camino reunion as Africa and I met up on Friday night.  On Saturday Eva called and surprised us saying she came back early from her S American trip and would meet us on Saturday.  On Sunday Rosa from Barcelona called and surprised us saying she flew to Madrid and would meet us for tapas.  Susanna, another pilgrim from Madrid and was part of the original group on the camino - she left the day after I met her in Grañon - joined too so we had a great day cafe hoping and walking around.  We all agreed the next reunion will be in Barcelona.

Tonight I take a train back to Santiago and have Thr as a rest day before flying to London on Friday.  It has been a lovely fall day here.

Tags: On the Road

 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.