Existing Member?

Living Outside the Box What is freedom for if not the chance to define for yourself who you are?

Jolly Old England

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 26 November 2007 | Views [475]

I am ready to start another walk now that I have been sitting and eating for the last week.  Coming to England has been a great rest spot.  Hamid is a wonderful host and an excellent cook.  He lives in Windsor and since Windsor is small you always have a nice view of the castle. 

We spent a half day in Greenwich and then I went into London to see Christmas lights and to walk around in the drizzle.  London seems to be busy no what time of day it is.

Now I am in Oxford staying with friends from Denver, CO. We walked around Oxford yesterday with the rest of the country - it was crowded!  Today we stayed in the countryside where they live.  How nice it is to go outside and feed the resident horses and donkey carrots and apples.

Today being Sunday we went for a walk in the fields then went to a traditional inn for a traditional roast lunch.  It was nice and warm inside while it was cold and windy outside.  With all this good food I am eating I need to start walking again.

On Tuesday I plan to see other friends in Coventry before going back to Windsor next weekend.

For now I am really taking it easy with sleeping, reading, and eating.

Tags: On the Road

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.