Existing Member?

Romodessey

quick update from Sicily

ITALY | Saturday, 20 September 2008 | Views [503]

<hi everyone

yeah i'm really really behind in this thing so thought i'd do a quick real time update.  I'm in Palermo, Sicily and have absolutely loved Southern Italy. 

Long before that i visited Venice (very gorgeous), Perugia and Assisi (gorgeous once you break through the ugly tenements), Rome (lots of sights but kind of a let down for me).  Then, had a few days in the heel at Lecce, saw the trulli unique trulli in Alberobello.  Puglia countryside is gorgoeous - flat but covered in olive trees, fig trees, citrus trees and cacti walled with stone walls and cute wee stone houses.

After that i headed along the coast of the sole and toe of Italy to Reggio di Calabria (coastline is gorgeous!) where i caught my ferry to Messina and travelled on to Palermo which is chaotically wonderful even if half the buildings are falling down and crossing the street is a near death wish.

Will try my hardest to at least post some pictures - after all a pic is worth a thousand words.

Feel free to email me if you want to know more immediately.

Thanks for viewing

 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.