Existing Member?

Romodessey

To Hell...and Back

NORWAY | Thursday, 10 July 2008 | Views [567] | Comments [2]

Hell - Arrivals & Departures

Hell - Arrivals & Departures

My second day in Trondheim and i found myself hanging out at the cathedral again (they have nice, free toilets there and i happened to be in the neighbourhood). On my way out of the Ladies (after fighting my way through the tour bus rush) some German lady offers me a free ticket.

Well, i couldn't refuse a gift like that. I thought i would just go inside one more time and catch the guided tour (had missed most of it last time due to queuing to go up the tower). On my way inside i did a double-take as i recognised the Indian Cosmos lady i had met in Rovaniemi. Talk about a small world!!! She was just as surprised as i was and it was good to catch up with her – her tour group had been up way north at Hammerfest. Bizarre coincidence being in the same place, same time, TWICE.

I thought it was actually kind of fitting to be in the cathedral again before going on my roadtrip to Hell.


Hell is an actual Norwegian town (feel sorry for their tourism officials) – it's even pronounced the same. Once i saw it on the map i just had to take the train out there to check it out.

That's literally what i did – took the train out (along a very pretty seaside track), took some photographic evidence, and left. Guess my soul must be pure enough.

Really – it wasn't that bad. It is kind of a small town with nothing much to see but no fire or brimstone. I don't know if it's intentional or not but there is this hilarious sign “Hell – Gods expedition” on one of the railway buildings. Could be that it's Norwegian for “Goods deposition” or something innocent like that but it totally cracked me up.

Many clever puns went through my head in the 5 minutes i spent there.

Comments

1

Hi, glad to see you are still alive and well. Sounds like the weather has improved from a couple weeks ago. Just wondering if there is any way I can check how much credit is left on your university internet account? Have been using the computer almost every day (never sell stuff on trade me - it's exhausting!) so just don't want to get caught out. And don't forget to let me know how much I owe you from when you topped it up before you left.
Cheers
Jen

  Jeni Jul 14, 2008 12:55 PM

2

hi Jen
Yep i am alive and well in Berlin. I will check the balance of the account but i doubt you will even be close to running out of money - it is very cheap. will get back to you.

  romsterrom Jul 14, 2008 5:42 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Norway

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.