Existing Member?

Romodessey

Journey to Singapore

SINGAPORE | Monday, 26 May 2008 | Views [423] | Comments [1]

Arrived in Singapore in the eve of 24 May.  Had a good flight despite getting the dud seats - middle of the row in the aisle smack bang on the wing, right by the toilets.  But - was sitting next to very civil people - including a lovely chatty lady next to me. Also got to see St Trinians and Jumpers which are both fantastic movies. 

After crashing at the hotel i filled my time exploring the local area.  After that experience i have decided Singapore is just a city of malls.  Hell, there are even malls connecting other malls.  I agree with my tour guide who summarised Singaporeans as a simple folk who love to shop and eat!

Singapore is full of heat, Singaporeans and many, many tour groups of Indians.  Well - in my bit of town it was anyway.  Everything is so so clean and well organised here.  There are people employed everywhere to clean the streets.  And so much old school construction - workers using their hands to move dirt e.t.c.

Went on 2 very fun tours - first one to the Singapore zoo and night safari.  Would highly recommend it.  The zoo is incredible and the night safari is a hell of an experience though spoiled somewhat by idiots who cannot comprehend flash-free photography and people who never learned how to queue nicely.  Met a nice Irish/Australian/NZ family who kept me entertained during the bouts of queueing.

Just got back from the tour to Sentosa Island (theme park/resorty thing).  The underwater world was fantastic as was the cable car ride back to the city (spectacular views)

Have to say one thing though - extremely difficult to find internet cafes here.  I only happened to stumble on this one on my way back to the hotel after another failed mission.

Can't believe that tomorrow morning i will be in Paris.  Have absolutely no idea where i will end up.  Have not been able to book any accom yet which is a tad freaky. 

Sorry there are no pretty pics to go with this post - can't find anywhere to plug in my camera. Sob.  there are some really great pics too.  especially the neon jellyfish.

over and out!

Comments

1

It's good to hear you've arrived safe and sound. I hope that I get to see Iron Man for the 3rd time on my flight to Seattle, but I must not ask for too much, as a small, irate child is more than enough to ruin the whole experience.

You can probably tell I don't fly often.

Anyhow, we must see this Neon Jellyfish! Locate a USB port and upload it immediately. Enjoy Paris, and remember to get room to stay in, or you could be partying on the town for a very long time indeed.

  Jeremy May 27, 2008 2:07 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.