Existing Member?

Alicia & Rich's Roads to Everywhere London to Australia on the route less traveled

Leaving Melbourne

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 21 July 2010 | Views [570]

The Australian visas expires tomorrow and we have to go back to the UK. Not because we're moving back, but for a wedding! Rich's older bro is tying the knot and we're heading back to the UK on 19th August. But, that gives us four weeks in between, so we decide to visit another continent.

We've packed up a year's worth of stuff into a few boxes and suitcases and managed to stuff it all into our now former flatmate's (Rachel) storage room. Now we're back to living out of a backpack! We say bye to our flat - it was a great year - and head for the airport.

Just need to get through customs....I proudly show my spiffy new passport to the exit officer and as she flips through the pages, I explain to her that this will be the first stamp. To this she explains, if I don't have my expired passport (the one with my Aussie visa) then how do they know that I entered the country lawfully....doh! So a chat with the manager, a trip to the customs counter and I'm looking for the "Border Security" cameras! Fortunately, I don't seem too dodgy and the manager sorts it out and decides to let me legally leave the country.

G'day Oz.

Alicia, with her lighter and smaller bags

Alicia, with her lighter and smaller bags

 

About rich


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.